<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://greenandaquamarine.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Green+Aquamarine: Review: Ballet Bootcamp

Monday 3 March 2014

Review: Ballet Bootcamp

This last month, I've been joining women across the country in participating in Sweaty Betty latest Get Fit 4 Free campaign, run with Sleek Technique. The body conditioning classes have been run in Sweaty Betty shops nationwide, whilst I've been working with the online version.
The forty minute class starts with surprisingly hardcore cardio work, and finishes with high-energy stretching, all with beautiful ballet poises and posture... sufficed to say, I felt very unelegant compared to Victoria and Flik who run the classes! After a couple of sessions I started to get the hang of the movements and improve my posture as the moves began to flow together. I'm used to ballet-style conditioning from my gymnastic and dance classes, but away from the barre, this really was a really good, tough workout.


My favourite section is where the cardio section moved towards stretching where you do a mixture of walking out planks from standing, and straight arm planks to downward dog. The playlist that Sweaty Betty has made for the class is pretty good as well, and I'd be happy to download it for other workout sessions.
There's still a week left to #GetFit4Free in store so have a look at the website for classes. The online version will stay on the website, so jump in and have a go.
All photo's from Sweaty Betty and Sleek Technique

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 3 March 2014 at 20:47 , Blogger Lisa said...

This makes me wish that my nearest Sweaty Betty hadn't shut, I loved their free in-store Zumba classes.

 
At 3 March 2014 at 20:57 , Blogger Unknown said...

Sadly there isn't one near me either -gutted! x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home