<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://greenandaquamarine.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Green+Aquamarine: Nākd Celebration Box Review

Wednesday 23 April 2014

Nākd Celebration Box Review

Another review today! A couple of months ago, Natural Balance Wholefoods celebrated it's 10th birthday with a flash sale, and I used the opportunity to treat myself to the Nākd Celebration Box, which normally retails at £13.99. Some two or three weeks later, my goodies arrived. Because of the huge demand, they were a little slow in arriving, so Natural Balance kindly threw in an extra bar of Caffe Mocha and a £5 off voucher.
Inside were 18 snacks from the Nākd bar, Nākd Oatie bar, Nākd Crunch bar and flavoured raisins ranges. There were a few flavours that were included twice, which I believe to be amongst the most popular that the brand sell. I love all the bars that I've tried so far, except for Cashew Cookie (easily passed on to my visiting cousin along with a packet of cola raisins) so it was nice to try a few more flavours. The one bar that I'd really like to try -Pecan Pie -wasn't included, but I'll definitely be snapping that up if I see it. 
I think that the Banana Bread may just be my new favourite, and the Cherry Raisins kept me going through a shift at work -I couldn't believe how good the flavours were for the raisins, which isn't something that I'd ever normally eat on it's own. Cherry gummy sweets, eat your heart out.
All the bars are raw and vegan and unrefined, so make the perfect guilt-free snack. I'm trying to really cut down on eating animal products, and treats like this make it much easier. Almost all count for one of your five (or seven!) a day, so I usually pop one in my bag if I haven't already eaten lots of fruit with breakfast. Most of the bars are made up with a high percentage of cashews, so if you have a nut allergy you'll need to stick to the raisins.
Passing on some comments from my wonderful fellow reviewer -aka, my little cousin, the texture of the Cashew Cookie bar was surprising, but tasty, although for die-hard (milk) chocolate fans, the taste of the Cocoa Orange bar isn't especially strong.

Overall, I think this box is really good value at about 77p per bar at full price, plus FREE DELIVERY(!!) if you want to have a try of a few more flavours than you might normally be able to try. I love, love, love Nākd bars so I'd definitely buy again from Natural Balance's website, although I'd probably try a different box next time for variety.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 29 April 2014 at 14:58 , Blogger Stephanie said...

Yum! I absolutely love these bars but I've never tried them buying online! Thanks for the review- awesome!!! Which were your favourite flavours? I like strawberry crunch- I wish they would bring out new crunch flavours!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home