<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://greenandaquamarine.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Green+Aquamarine: Asana of the Week #5

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Asana of the Week #5

Each week, on  Tuesday I will share a pose and explain how to get into the position correctly. Then, I challenge you to try the asana, and tag me on Twitter (@EleanorMayC) or Instagram (@EleanorMay_C) using the hashtag #AsanaoftheWeek Comment below if you have got involved, and have fun!

This week I am introducing a balance, Crane Pose, or Bakasana, which is one of my favourite poses. It strengthens the forearms, wrists and abdominal muscles while helping to stretch the upper back, while improving balance. 
To start, squat down and ground the hands, with slightly bent arms and fingers splayed., between and slightly in front of your knees. Press the knees against the outside of your upper arms, and begin to tip forward, transferring your wait onto your hands. Exhale, as you lift your toes off the ground and move into the balance. Aim to hold this for twenty to thirty seconds.

Level it up:

If you feel confident, start to adjust the position of your legs at the start of the pose so that the knees on the triceps. Slowly start to straighten your arms as you hold the balance. Again, hold for up to thirty seconds, and continue practicing until your arms are totally straight.

Next, try a side crow pose. Start with your hands in the same position of Bakasana, but twist the hips around to one side so that your inside leg rests on one arm. Take your time transferring your weight onto your bent arms until your legs are held above the ground. Play around with your balance until you are happy with the pose. Then, extend one or both legs out to one side. Repeat on the other side, and take a photo. Tag me, and use the hashtag, and don't forget to smile!,

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 20 August 2014 at 18:18 , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! You look awesome! I love crane pose - feels like I am flying! :-) xx

Margaret's Blanket

 
At 20 August 2014 at 19:29 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you! Yes -that sums it up perfectly. I love lifting my feet off the ground and balancing just on my hands! xxx

 
At 24 August 2014 at 18:07 , Blogger Unknown said...

I wish I could do this! I'll try it out and if it works i'll be sure to tag you :) Great blog

Jennos Health.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home