<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://greenandaquamarine.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Green+Aquamarine: Om Yoga Show, London

Monday 27 October 2014

Om Yoga Show, London


Hello! Sorry it has been a quiet week, but I should have a few more things to blog about following it...


So on Saturday I hopped onto the 7:20 train down to London. From there I had to try and navigate zig-zagging across the city to Kensington Olympia. I really hate the underground. I love how fast, well connected and frequent the services are, but the busyness and the way it is almost impossible to get a ticket leave me feeling very flustered. Still, I found my way to the Om Yoga Show without getting lost and so I settled myself in for an interesting day.


My first port of call was to meet Ashley and Matt from Mala Collective,  who I blogged about here. I absolutely love the story of Mala Collective, their ethos and positive energy. While I was seriously tempted by the beautiful Prana Mala necklace, I chose an ocean turquoise and rudraksha bracelet. I have been wearing my bracelet constantly since purchasing it.



One of the best things about the Om Yoga Show is that all day there are classes and workshops held, many of them free and not requiring pre-booking. I attended a MahalaYoga! class with Mahala Wall, which was a blend of hatha and vinyasa yoga with lots of pilates-based movements. It was great fun, and really helped me to wind down before setting off back home. There were so many other amazing sounding classes that I would have loved to attend had I had more time at the show. The hot yoga and inversion classes especially sounded fun!



Looking back, it was probably a good thing that I didn't bring lots of cash with me, as there were so many amazing brands to tempt me! From all kinds of raw treats and juices to equipment and bright patterned leggings, the show was a real magpie's nest for yogis. I particularly loved the bright, tongue-in-cheek slogan vests (hanging with my omies anyone?!) and I drooled over many pairs of leggings. The Brazilian brand, Posto9 especially caught my eye.


One of the highlights of the day was meeting Katie, Fab and Laura from the Health Bloggers Community. I haven't really done any blogger meet ups before and it was lovely to meet some of the girls that I have been talking to over the last few months. We had a quick catch up and shared what we'd been buying with one another. It kind of made me wish that I live closer to London so that I could make more of the meet ups!


Lastly, it was amazing to be surrounded by so many passionate yogi's of all levels, ages, styles... you name it and they were there. It was a great reminder to keep on practicing and embracing different styles of yoga.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home