<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://greenandaquamarine.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Green+Aquamarine: It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Wednesday 24 December 2014

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year


December has finally worked its way through to Christmas and the festive period has come around really fast. I have been squeezing in Christmas shopping and baking in between work and revision and have slowly been feeling more and more Christmassy since arriving back home.


Christmas Eve is as an important part of Christmas to me as the main day itself. We start off the day with a fairly vital task -collecting the turkey! When I do eat meat, it is important to me to make sure that it is sustainably sourced from animals that have had a decent quality of life. I can't remember not ordering a turkey from a farm shop or the deli, and I do think it makes a difference. We also bought the stuffing, being a little short for time this year, and cheeses. Once again we've bought our turkey through the delicatessen where I work. My family have been shopping there since before I started work there and it is good to know exactly where everything has come from, and to be assured of delicious foodstuffs and goodies!




Next, on to secret Santa in Helmsley, a historical town a few miles away. Since moving to Yorkshire, the Christmas Eve secret santa hunt has been our new tradition. As Stuart stayed over this year, we opened up our gifts (out of christmassy present sacks) over tea and teacakes in the Black Swan tearooms. This is the third year that we've been doing our new Christmas Eve traditions, and now I wouldn't be without them.


Early gifts: Ottolenghi books and SLOEmotion tipples!

Keeping fit over the holidays can be tricky, especially when leaving the gym and sports clubs behind. I'll admit; I am yet to go out on an outdoor run, but I have made it to the local gym this week and stretched out for a few minute of yoga where I can. It keeps me feeling energised and comfortable in a time associated with sitting on sofas in hot rooms all day.

For this reason, Christmas and boxing day walks are usually well received, especially after eating lots! There is such a friendly atmosphere wherever you go, especially when passing families greet you as they go past, bike-riding children in tow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home