<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://greenandaquamarine.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Green+Aquamarine: 21 Day Yoga Slim and Mindful March Challenges

Saturday 14 March 2015

21 Day Yoga Slim and Mindful March Challenges


Sweaty Betty, Savasana top

If there's one thing I can't resist, it is a fitness or food-based challenge. I'm not sure why really, I guess the shake up routine, and the challenge of changing what I do appeals to me. I'm currently trying to avoid chocolate since I've been relying on it so much lately! However, I prefer community challenges over self-imposed rules. The tutorials and sense of support is so much better, especially when a challenge involves taking up something rather than giving up. This month it seems, I'll be taking up two challenges, which I thought to share with you today.

grokker, weight loss, yoga

The first is the 21 day yoga body slim down challenge. Run by Julie Montagu of the Flexie Foodie for Grokker, this challenge mixes a vinyasa yoga timetable with lots of healthy recipes to compliment your practice. I am part way through my first week, and just about catch up on yesterday's yoga session. Julie is a Baptise power vinyasa yoga instructor and has a certificate in plant-based nutrition, so she knows what she is talking about when bringing together these two sides of healthy living. The plan gives a timetable of four classes a week out of a total of eight videos. There is also a wide variety of recipes, covering breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, some of which I have already tried or have lined up. I like how many of the recipes share some ingredients to make shopping more efficient and less wasteful. I can't wait to try the coconut smoothie bowl (featured in the almond butter porridge video) and really enjoyed the combination of lentils and quinoa cooked together. Julie's yoga classes themselves are 30 minutes long, and each have a specific focus on a body part. So far, I have really been enjoying the playful, flowing sequences. It takes 21 days on average to make a habit, so why not give this one a go and see where it takes you? You can find Julie Montagu's videos here, or visit the Flexie Foodie.

Pandora beads, mala beads

Secondly, Mala Collective is running a Mindful March challenge all throughout next week. From the 15th-21st, Mala Collective will be sending out guided meditations, mindfulness challenges and more every day. All you to do is to sign up to receive the emails with the Mindful March tutorials and get involved. Here's what Mala Collective have to say on the week:

"We have, on average, 60 thousand thoughts a day.
In our daily doings and with the thousands of things that stimulate our attention every day, there’s little space for us to stop and really listen to ourselves – unless we create the space for it.
Being mindful is paying attention, without judgement, to thoughts and feelings that arise on a daily basis. By cultivating awareness of these positive or negative thought patterns, we are able to change the story, and let go of what is not serving us."

There will also be opportunities to win prizes every day, so head over to Instagram and follow @malacollective to get involved!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 14 March 2015 at 21:02 , Blogger Nimble said...

I love the sound of these, especially the 21 day yoga. Can't wait to see how you find them!

Kathryn | Nimble Note

 
At 15 March 2015 at 23:23 , Blogger Emma said...

I love the sound of these challenges. I need to be more mindful and I really want to try yoga and meditation.

Emma x
Writing Essays With Wine

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home