<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://greenandaquamarine.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Green+Aquamarine: method Products Review

Sunday 12 April 2015

method Products Review


Green+Aquamarine | Method Product Review

Now that I am living, at least part of the time, independently, I have had to start thinking about adult things, like budgeting, food shopping and household cleaning. Oo-er. Back at home, we used to have method's French Lavender surface cleaner, which I always used because it smelt so good and yet was also environmentally friendly. The lovely team at method kindly sent me over a few products to review. One thing I have to say unanimously about the products is that they all smell fantastic. Never to strong, sweet or overpowering; just right.

Green+Aquamarine | Method Product Review

First up is the French lavender Gel Hand Wash, which is paraben-free. I had previously been using a method hand wash, and have found both to be gentle on my skin. Parabens have been used in soaps and cosmetics for decades thanks to their bacteria growth-reducing qualities and low production costs, but in recent years they have been associated with xenoestrogens which have been linked to breast cancers. The lavender smell is lovely, without smelling "dusty" or old-fashioned. Although I would otherwise be making the switch to bar soaps to reduce plastic usage, this soap in it's pretty bottle adds a nice touch to any bathroom.

Green+Aquamarine | Method Product Review Soap

My room is pretty small and we have a no-candles rule, so light air fresheners, such as method's Beach Sage one are a lovely way for me to avoid my room feeling stuffy, even on days too wild to open up the window. Unsurprisingly, I love anything with a beachy theme, and this is a really nice, light fresh scent. I sprayed some of this before going to the gym, and an hour and a half later when I came back, the scent was subtle, but still noticeable, which is good for a water-based air freshener. The bottle claims to be "powered by air" rather than using petroleum based propellants. The droplets do fall to the floor noticeably, (the bottle to warn not to use on fabrics or carpets) so I would recommend spraying roughly at shoulder height.

I was sent the grapefruit Surface Spray, which I have actually already been using. Pink grapefruit is one of my favourite smells -the sweet and citrus notes balance each other nicely -so I'd love this product for this reason alone. It cuts through grease and grime very well (useful for a shared student kitchen!) without too much effort. It isn't antibacterial as the cleaner instead breaks down the dirt, so is best for day-to-day cleaning.

Green+Aquamarine | Method Product Review Surface Cleaner

Lastly, is the Power Foam Dish Soap, also in pink grapefruit. This product is a bit different to conventional washing up liquids, as it is designed to be sprayed either onto your sponge, or onto the item being washed itself. However, I did find it also worked well, with a couple of sprays, for a sink full of water. I think this product works well on cutting grease of dirtier items, such as roasting tins, or for when you only have a couple of items to wash. The spray nozzle design did seem to demand much more plastic than a basic washing up bottle would, which seemed a little excessive. However, I'll definitely be keeping this product under the sink ready for dealing with oily pans and odds and ends.

These products cost from £2.49-£3.50, making method a reasonably priced way of getting biodegradable, eco-friendly products. I did feel like there was a lot of plastic involved in these products, but as far as I can see they are recyclable and often use recycled plastic. These products are all effective and are some of the nicest smelling on the market, so I'd recommend giving these a go.

Disclaimer: I was sent a selection of Method products for the purpose of review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 14 April 2015 at 14:39 , Blogger Besma | Curiously Conscious said...

Hi Eleanor,

Thanks for the thorough and honest review - I'm still yet to try Method, but I love the look of their range and from what you've said, they're effective too. The hand wash being paraben-free is a nice touch too.

Besma (Curiously Conscious)

 
At 14 April 2015 at 14:54 , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Besma,
This post is a bit different to some of my others so I am glad you like it -responsible products are something very important to me. Let me know if you give any of them a try!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home