<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://greenandaquamarine.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Green+Aquamarine: Natural Beauty: Mermaid Exfoliator

Thursday 18 June 2015

Natural Beauty: Mermaid Exfoliator


I still use quite a few conventional products along with my natural and/or homemade products but I have noticed that my skin, hair and body seems to respond much better to the natural, simple ingredients. I'm hoping to try and make much more skin and body care products myself over the summer. Today's recipe is great if you are a little short on time, both in the making process and in the shower. The oils and honey are cleansing and moisturising, whilst the sea salt is exfoliating and leaves your skin clean and polished. Sea salt is awesome, full of natural minerals and the large flakes are great for using in body care. So get your mermaid on and get scrubbing!

sea salt, honey, coconut oil exfoliator, body scrub

Ingredients

  • 4 tbsp good-quality oil such as cold-pressed olive oil or coconut oil.
  • 4 tbsp sea salt
  • 2 tsp honey

sea salt, honey, coconut oil exfoliator, body scrub

Simply combine all the ingredients together and decant into a jar or pot. I used half olive oil and half coconut oil. This is ready to use straightaway, but do give it the odd stir if leaving to set overnight. I love the natural scent of the oils, but you could also add a drop of an essential oil such as grapefruit. Obviously you will get different consistencies depending on what oils you use, so have a play around to see what you prefer. I find that the half and half mix of coconut and olive oil creates a thick, creamy scrub, whereas pure olive oil is perhaps closer to a traditional exfoliator.

Rinse off well after use to avoid any sticky residue. A light moisturiser applied to damp skin will have your skin glowing and thanking you all the more!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 19 June 2015 at 22:54 , Blogger Jordan Burrell said...

I love the look of this Eleanor! I think I'll have to give it a go instead of buying a body scrub! xx

 
At 20 June 2015 at 14:53 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you; let me know if you do! If you apply it very gently, it is lovely to pop on your face before wiping off with a little cleanser. xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home